Happy Saint Patrick’s Day. We celebrate not only St. Patrick today, but also our many Irish friends and neighbors.
Here are some things that many people don’t realize:
1. St. Patrick was born in Great Britain. He was captured and turned into a slave by the Irish. He became a Priest after he escaped.
2. Today is not his birthday, today is the anniversary of his death.
3. He liked his whiskey, and once chastised an innkeeper for not serving him enough.
4. He didn’t drive the snakes out of Ireland. There were never snakes in Ireland.
5. He wore more blue than green.
6. He gave the shamrock its significance because he used it to preach about the mystery of the trinity.
We should also have a better understanding of why America has so many Irish people in it.
Photo Credit: Daily Beast
Much like those who have arrived after them.
Follow the Unfinished Pyramid on twitter at: https://twitter.com/unfinishedpyr